Tampanians, grab your Buccaneer red paraphernalia — football season is back. Dive into all things game day before the Bucs’ first game this Sunday, Sept. 10.
In the news:
While fans are excited for the upcoming season, many are also remembering former Bucs receiver Mike Williams, who recently died from injuries suffered in a construction accident.
The best way to watch from home:
Sports bars to catch the games at:
- Hattricks Sports Bar | 107 S. Franklin St., Tampa | Daily, 11 a.m.-as late as 3 a.m. | Enjoy drink specials during all Bucs games.
- The Blind Goat | 4106 Henderson Blvd., Tampa | Daily, hours vary | This proud Bucs watch bar has all the football finger foods you’d want, like wings + buffalo chicken dip.
- Press Box Sports Emporium | 222 S. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa | Daily, 11 a.m.-3 a.m. | During games, this sports bar has giveaways and drink specials.
- Park & Rec DTSP | 100 4th St. S., St. Petersburg | Tuesday-Sunday, hours vary | Check out this bar’s Bucs Kickoff Block Party on Sunday, Sept. 10.
The games worth getting tickets to:
- First home game: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Chicago Bears | Sunday, Sept. 17 | 1 p.m.
- Creamsicle game: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Detroit Lions | Sunday, Oct. 15 | 1 p.m.
- Rival game: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Atlanta Falcons | Sunday, Oct. 22 | 1 p.m.
- Rival game: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers | Sunday, Dec. 3 | 1 p.m.
- Rival game: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints | Sunday, Dec. 31 | 1 p.m.
Your must-bring stadium items:
- Your ticket. Get a mobile tickets (and learn how to transfer them) online.
- A clear sling bag or clear purse to breeze through security.
- Buccaneers gear. If your wardrobe is sorely lacking in Buccaneer red, pewter, and Bay orange, shop this colorful burst tee and this classic hat.
- Sunscreen, blankets or towels, ponchos, or binoculars, depending on the game.
A quick Raymond James Stadium survival guide:
- Parking | You can buy single-game parking tickets on the stadium’s website. The RV lot opens 5.5 hours before kickoff, and all other lots open 3.5 hours before game time. If you’re looking for an alternative parking spot, try Mike’s Lot.
- Food | We recommend checking out the Cannonball Burger (sect. 143), Nachos Citrus Chicken (sect. 107, 131, 140, 149, 312, 313, 337, 338), and Pretzel Jumbo Brauhaus (sect. 127, 151, 208, 233). You can also find sections with gluten-friendly options.
- Check out the stadium’s own A-Z guide for any questions you may have.