What comes with an Experience and where does this live within the product?
An Experience with 6AM City is a two-week multi-faceted campaign that includes the following items:
- In-person or Virtual Experience: One of our staff members will spend a max of 2-hours taking it all in, capturing photos, taking notes and gathering insights
Email Newsletter Inclusions
- (1) Article:
- 150-words,1 photo in newsletter
- 300-words, max 10 photos on website
- (2) Text Ads*: A 50-word blurb in the News Notes section, driving readers back to the Article on our website
- (2) Email Banner Ads*: designed by our team, directing readers to read the Article
- (1) Article:
Social Media Inclusions
- (6) Instagram Story slides*: Captured during the in-person/virtual Experience.
- (1) Instagram post
- (1) Facebook post
*Run dates of the above items are predetermined by 6AM City.
- Try This: Take a cycling class at the YMCA of Greenville 🚲
- Try This: Women’s Worth Alliance finance networking group
- Try This: Attend MAC’s 20th annual Greenville Open Studios
What is the typical timeline and process for an Experience?
- From the date we come out for the Experience, we request at least three weeks (15 business days) to pull this one off.
- You will first fill out the Experience form with date options and any need-to-know information.
- Using this information, we will get this Experience on the calendar for one of our staff members and a run date reserved in the publication.
- On the day of the Experience, a 6AM City staff member will spend a max of 2-hours at your designated location taking it all in, capturing photos, taking notes and gathering insights.
- Within the next few days, the (6) Instagram stories will be pushed out to our followers.
- Using the information gathered from the Experience, our team will begin crafting up the Article, News Notes, Social Media posts and Banner Ads.
- We will send you the graphic elements and a content preview link to read, review and provide any/all feedback. Only (1) round of feedback is included.
- All feedback should be sent back via email.
- Your content writer and the graphic design team will review requested edits and modify when needed. It’s important to note that not all requests will be accepted.
- Final content and graphics will be sent to you for reference and the publishing process begins. Please note that this is not another opportunity to provide edits.
- The Experience runs in our publication and our Social Media accounts on the reserved run date.
- Within the next few weeks, (2) News Notes and (2) Banner Ads will run in our publication, directing traffic back to the Experience article.
- At the beginning of the following month, we will send you the performance analytics of your content. This includes newsletter, website and social performance.