What comes with a Lead Story and where does this live within the product?
The Lead Story is the top story in the email newsletter – think of it as our “front page story” of the day.
What comes with a Lead Story:
- Published in newsletter as main story of the day; included in email subject line
- Full story published on our website
- Shared on our social media platforms: Instagram feed + Facebook
- Includes an Engagement Module designed to invoke our readers to interact — choose from:
- Social share buttons
- Marketing insights from the Engagement Module results to help guide your future initiatives
- 300 words in the newsletter with an extended 500-word version on our website.
- Up to 6 links, 2 photos in newsletter and 4 photos on the website.
Lead Story Examples
- Orlando International Airport’s new Terminal C opens today ✈️
- Catch us skating into the holidays ⛸️
- 4 holiday activities worth the road trip to Portsmouth, NH 🎄
- Williams Trew presents FTW Neighborhoods Guide: Ridglea 🏡
- Enter to win “Dinner on Us” for $500 in local restaurant gift cards
What is the typical timeline and process for a Lead Story?
- We need at least 2 weeks to pull this one off.
- You fill out the content form with all of the need-to-know information and provide us with the high-res images you’d like us to pick from.
- Our team drafts up the content using the information you provided.
- We’ll sends you a preview link of the content to read, review and provide any/all feedback. Only (1) round of feedback is included.
- All feedback should be sent back via email.
- Your content writer will review requested edits and modify content when needed. It’s important to note that not all requests will be accepted.
- Final content link is sent to you for reference and the publishing process begins. Please note that this is not another opportunity to provide edits.
- On your reserved run date, the content will run in our newsletter and on Facebook/Instagram.
- Your Engagement Module results will be sent to you a week after the content runs.
- At the beginning of the following month, you will receive the analytics of your content. This includes newsletter, website and social performance.